It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 am 

Jeff Ashton's Book "Imperfect Justice" adapted for movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony"

Meet the Newcomer Actress Cast as Casey Anthony: Holly Devea

By Suzy Byrne | Yahoo! TV – Wed, May 23, 2012 10:27 AM PDT

A movie detailing Casey Anthony's 2011 murder trial will soon be hitting the small screen — and while the cast includes some well-known actors, a relative newcomer has landed the role of the controversial single mother.

A rep for Lifetime confirms to Yahoo! TV that Holly Deveaux, a Canadian actress, has been cast as 26-year-old Casey, the Florida mom convicted of lying to police as they investigated the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in their upcoming movie "Imperfect Justice." This is the biggest role to date for the 19-year-old Casey look-alike — who reportedly beat out Kristen Stewart, Alyssa Milano, and Jennifer Love Hewitt — for the part.

more at link..

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-newco ... Q--;_ylv=3

Much prettier than the real deal!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:33 am 
ADMIN

More photos at daily Mail link.....

Revealed: The Canadian actress who will play Casey Anthony in new movie of the trial of America's most hated mom

The Office's Oscar Nunez will also play Anthony's defence lawyer Jose Baez
Little-known Deveaux, from Canada, beat Kristin Stewart to play Anthony
Filming of story of trial comes a day after it emerged Anthony will face court again after lawyers of 'Zanny the Nanny' track her down to sue her

By Julian Gavaghan
24 May 2012

Resemblance: Casey Anthony, left, will be played by little-known Canadian actress Holly Deveaux in the movie
Image Image

Court presence: The trial's prosecuting lawyer Jeff Ashley, left, will be portrayed by West Wing star Rob Lowe
Image Image

Difficult job: Anthony's defence lawyer Jose Baez, left, will be played by The Office actor Oscar Nunez
Image Image

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1wLtPFxLH

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 am 
ADMIN

From Hal Boedeker
May, 29 2012

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... cters.html

First there’s Marina Stephenson Kerr, who will play Cindy Anthony, mother of Casey.
Then there’s prosecutor Frank George, who will be played by David Richmond-Peck.
Ashton is being played by Rob Lowe, who is also an executive producer on the TV movie.

Image Image
Marina Stephenson Kerr

Image Image
David Richmond-Peck

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:03 am 
ADMIN

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 pm 

I loved Elizabeth Mitchell on "Lost". I think she's a great choice for Lady Linda!

Rob Lowe seems like a good pick for Jeff too.

I don't see Kevin Dunn as George, though. :40

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Horror Picture Show

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:50 pm 

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony Actress Replaced in TV Movie
By Steve Helling
Wednesday June 06, 2012 06:15 PM EDT

Casey Anthony's getting a new look.

A week into the filming of the Lifetime movie Imperfect Justice, the role of the woman acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter has been recast.
Canadian actress Holly DeVeaux has dropped out of the project, replaced by Virginia Welch, an actress who has starred in several independent films and commercials.
According to a source close to the production, the decision for DeVeaux to leave the production was mutual.

.....more at link
http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 30,00.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm 

The first actress cast looked way too sweet and innocent in that photo to play Casey, IMHO.

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it though. Who's going to be making the money from this movie? Is any of it going to the Anthonys?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 pm 
ADMIN

I don't know.

Since it is based on Ashton's book... I would guess no money need go to ANTS?

In which case I MIGHT watch it? The more money it makes, the more it will Piss Off KC's Team?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 am 
ADMIN

Did George Anthony supply ending to Lifetime’s Casey movie?
posted by halboedeker on August, 15 2012 8:13 AM

George Anthony on Tuesday gave Lifetime an ending to its “Prosecuting Casey Anthony” movie. In an election night stunner, Anthony congratulated Jeff Ashton on winning Orange-Osceola state attorney.

What did you make of that scene?

Central Florida News 13 anchor Marla Weech want to know more in a live interview with Ashton Wednesday morning. She asked about Anthony’s visit to Ashton’s victory party.

“It was not expected, no. It was a surprise, but I wouldn’t say it was an unpleasant one,” Ashton told Weech. “George and I have always gotten along just fine. I appreciated his congratulations. It did take me by surprise. He was probably the last person I would have expected. But it was, in fact, nice to see him.”

Casey Anthony would have been the last person I expected to see. Ashton had prosecuted Casey, George’s daughter, for first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee. Casey Anthony was acquitted of murder last year.

What did the two men discuss Tuesday night? George Anthony said the new state attorney earned the victory and related that wife Cindy Anthony was fine, Ashton told Weech.

George Anthony told reporters that Ashton is “a great guy– I’ve known him outside the courtroom more than people know.”

Weech wanted to know what that meant. Ashton explained that he talked George through Casey’s allegations of sexual abuse and explained how to handle them.

“I always felt George was a victim of this case,” Ashton said. “I think he just understood that I was always sensitive to that and I treated him like a human being.”

Ashton said his celebrity from the Anthony case put him on equal footing with incumbent Lawson Lamar, his former boss. Ashton went on to write a best-selling book about the case, “Imperfect Justice,” dedicated to Caylee. That book was adapted into a movie with Rob Lowe as Ashton. It is likely to premiere next year.

Maybe it pays not to rush. I think George Anthony gave filmmakers the final scene. What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... movie.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:22 pm 
ADMIN

Dated as a NEW story.... but old news

Rob Lowe First Drew Peterson, Now Starring in Lifetime’s “Prosecuting Casey Anthony”?
By Tatjana Kulkarni
Sep 17, 2012 01:18 PM EDT

After playing convicted murderer, Drew Peterson in Lifetime's adaptation of the real-life case in "Untouchable," actor Rob Lowe will go on to play the chief prosecutor in the movie based on the Casey Anthony murder case.

Lowe will be playing Jeff Ashton in another Lifetime production called "Prosecuting Casey Anthony." The film is scheduled to be released in January 2013. The movie is based on the Ashton's book "Imperfect Justice," published in November 2011, in which the Florida State Prosecutor explains the case from an insider perspective, he confronts the infamous verdict of acquittal and remains adamant on Casey's guilt in the murder of her two-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony.

....more at link
http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/20 ... arring.htm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony Movie: Actress Playing ‘Tot Mom’ Reveals Internet Backlash

Despite the controversy surrounding Casey Anthony and her much-debated trial, actress Virginia Welch tells Celebuzz she couldn’t resist playing the hot-button figure, who was acquitted of killing her two-year-old daughter in July 2011.

“It was the opportunity of a lifetime to work with such talented actors — Rob Lowe, Elizabeth Mitchell, Oscar Nunez,” she revealed in an exclusive video interview.

“And then I guess just the challenge of it. You have to sort of honor the person by portraying them accurately, but still bring a little bit of yourself into it,” she continued.

Welch joined the Lifetime TV project in June, after Canadian actress Holly Deveaux dropped out and admits she received “a little bit” of a backlash once the news hit the Internet.

“When it first came out that I was cast, I had some very encouraging remarks and then people who were not so pleased with it,” she said. “But it’s a role. You just take on a character.”

Welch went on to say that the role required “so much research,” mostly because she didn’t actually follow the trial as it happened.

“I don’t watch lot of news,” she said. “I really didn’t know much about the trial prior to filming. Once I was cast, that was when it was, like, in the cave.”

....more at link
http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-11-06/virg ... ive-video/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:10 am 
ADMIN

Prosecuting Casey Anthony - Movie Preview

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony 'terrified' that Lifetime drama about murder trial will spark renewed death threats
By Paul Thompson
PUBLISHED: 19:25 GMT, 13 December 2012 | UPDATED: 19:25 GMT, 13 December 2012

Casey Anthony is terrified that an upcoming movie about the murder of her daughter will spark renewed hatred and death threats, according to family members.

They said the 26-year-old believes she will be forced to continue living in fear and stay in hiding as she remains the most hated woman in America.

'She will not be looking forward to the TV movie coming out as it will just stir things up again,' said a close family member.

'I expect Casey and her family want to get on with their lives. The film will bring it all back again. It will not help.'

Anthony's concern comes as she was photographed for the first time in almost 18 months when she was spotted at a steakhouse in Lake Worth, Florida.

She was with two men, one of them private investigator Pat McKenna who was a member of her defense team.

Anthony is believed to be living in the West Palm Beach area of Florida but rarely goes out for fear of being recognized.

But her name will once again be back in the news when the film called Prosecuting Casey Anthony premieres on January 19 on the Lifetime channel.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... reats.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:54 am 

i thought it was a joke about the movie but now i realise it is true plzzz just kill her someone and be an end to her disgusting self

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 pm 
ADMIN

‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’: The story of a defeat
posted by halboedeker on December, 19 2012 11:14 AM

Rob Lowe as Jeff Ashton and Elizabeth Mitchell as Linda
Drane Burdick in 'Prosecuting Casey Anthony.'
Photo credit: Lifetime

“Prosecuting Casey Anthony” won’t premiere until Jan. 19 on Lifetime. But I’ve just seen it and wanted to supply an early preview.

The movie doesn’t glorify Anthony (played by Virginia Welch), who has a minor role in a script focused on the prosecution team. Anthony’s big moments will be familiar to anyone who followed the case: Her jailhouse visits with her parents and her video diary, which became public in January.

The filmmakers fit a story that lasted four years into 90 minutes, so the results are fast-moving, condensed and simplified. You may quibble with casting and dialogue, yet I think you’ll learn something from the movie. In the setup, prosecutor Jeff Ashton (Rob Lowe) gives a TV interview about the case, and the movie flashes back to events.

Though the script is based on Ashton’s book, “Imperfect Justice,” the movie is not always flattering to him and his colleagues. In this depiction, prosecutors underestimated defense attorney Jose Baez (Oscar Nunez) and overestimated the jury. Ashton says the case is rock solid, because forensics and common sense say Anthony is guilty. But, of course, Anthony was acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The movie is, ultimately, the story of the prosecution’s defeat.

The movie’s most melodramatic moments belong to HLN’s Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell, who are seen hyperventilating about the case on their programs. “Prosecuting Casey Anthony” is pretty subdued, even mournful, when contrasted with those clips.

article.....
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... efeat.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 am 

Rob did good in the Drew Peterson movie but somehow it's hard to see him as Ashton.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:21 pm 
ADMIN

First look at Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie

Slideshow (11 photos)
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... ovie_.html

Yet MORE photos (33 photos)
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/prosec ... 012_2#id=1