It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:59 pm 

Thanks, the civil lawsuit and settlement was so quick that I forgot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:12 pm 
ADMIN

As I said at the time.

Hard to see the reason for the RUSH to settle? Maybe if there were LEGITIMATE criminal cases pending, involving evidence likely to show intentional serious damage done to Gray, there could be a strategic reason to settle early... avoid paying more when it was revealed that "evil bad cops" killed Gray... but anybody simply reading public facts, let alone official case details KNEW that there was no great malice etc involved. (in fact no malice and no liability at all IMO)

I guess we can BLAME Mosby for the 6.5 million lost... if not for her false claims I cant imagine there being such a large settlement.

I really do think the family should "take the money and run" and STOP adding to stirring up the Lynch Mob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:32 pm 
ADMIN

Police detective says misleading narrative presented to grand jury in Freddie Gray case, records show
Justin Fenton, The Baltimore Sun

Det. Dawnyell Taylor, an investigator with the Baltimore Police Department, after she testified at the trial of Officer Caesar
Goodson Jr. (Justin Fenton)

The lead Baltimore police detective in the Freddie Gray investigation said she reluctantly read to grand jurors a summary of evidence provided by prosecutors that she believed was misleading, according to police records reviewed by The Baltimore Sun.

Hours later, the grand jurors issued criminal indictments against six police officers in the arrest and death of Gray.

Detective Dawnyell Taylor said in a daily log of case notes on the investigation that a prosecutor handed her a four-page, typed narrative at the courthouse just before she appeared before the grand jury.

"As I read over the narrative it had several things that I found to be inconsistent with our investigation," Taylor wrote, adding: "I thought the statements in the narrative were misquoted."

But, she wrote, she was "conflicted" about challenging the state's attorney on the narrative in the courtroom. "With great conflict I was sworn in and read the narrative provided," she said in her notes.

When the jurors asked questions, including whether Gray's arrest was legal, Taylor wrote that prosecutors intervened before she could give an answer that would conflict with their assessment.

The claims in her account underscore a rift between prosecutors and police that began in the spring of last year, when the two agencies worked together on parallel tracks to investigate Gray's death.

...more at link
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:35 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
As I said at the time.

Hard to see the reason for the RUSH to settle?

I guess we can BLAME Mosby for the 6.5 million lost...

Hard to see the reason for the RUSH to settle? Pure and simple extortion, IMO.

I guess we can BLAME Mosby for the 6.5 million lost... Exactly.

Remember the Gray family attorney donated to and worked on Mosby's campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:58 pm 
ADMIN

Board expected to approve back pay for Officer Caesar Goodson
Published 6:38 PM EDT Jul 11, 2016

BALTIMORE —Baltimore City officials are expected approve back pay for one of the officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray.

The Board of Estimates is scheduled to meet Wednesday and is expected to approve a payment of more than $87,700 for Officer Caesar Goodson.

Goodson was suspended in May 2015 as a result of being charged with a felony in the case.

He started getting paid again the day after he was acquitted last month.

The payment up for approval on Wednesday is for the nearly 13 months he went without being paid.

...more at link
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/board-expect ... n/40460498

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:03 pm 

GREAT NEWS! :)

Board approves back pay for Officer Caesar Goodson
By WBAL-TV | UPDATED 9:34 AM EDT Jul 13, 2016

BALTIMORE —Baltimore City officials approved back pay for one of the officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray.

The Board of Estimates voted Wednesday to approve a payment of more than $87,700 for Officer Caesar Goodson.

More at link: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/board-pprove ... n/40485796

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9