It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:51 pm 

Rumpole, I am glad we aren't tracking the Baltimore criminals. :Q25

Baltimore man, 21, charged in burning of North Avenue liquor store during April rioting

The Baltimore Sun
By Kevin Rector | October 1, 2015, 8:52PM

A 21-year-old Baltimore man has been charged in the burning of a West Baltimore liquor store during the riots of April, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

Prosecutors said Darius Raymond Stewart was captured on surveillance cameras "intentionally setting multiple fires" at the Fireside North lounge and liquor store in the 2200 block of W. North Ave.

Fire investigators later determined those locations were "areas of origin" for a fire that caused an estimated $350,000 in damage, prosecutors said. They said city cameras also captured Stewart in the area at the time, and he was later identified by multiple confidential informants of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

"There are recordings and other evidence of people looting businesses, starting fires and attacking innocent victims, and it is our duty to prosecute the perpetrators," U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein said in a statement. "Citizens need to know that the rule of law will be upheld, and criminals who destroy property and jeopardize lives will be held accountable."

Stewart was charged with malicious destruction of a commercial building.

More at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/in-depth/bs-md-ci-fireside-arson-20151001-story.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:05 am 

When will they be arresting Keith Ambush for stealing the drugs? He's still walking the streets even after numerous calls to the tip line. They ask for people's help identifying him yet do nothing when people hand them to him on a silver platter. Hell I even gave them his Twitter account addy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:25 am 
ADMIN

I remember that (vaguely) froggie

I guess the Jails and courts are full up.. standing room only. They dont really want any more thugs on the books.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:17 pm 

Hi Froggie!

I didn't remember his name but do recall you identifying him comparing photos, etc. and the fiasco that followed re YOUR photo. ;)

Is this the same guy?

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/2-people-assaulted-in-federal-hill-police-make-4-arrests/25781886

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:18 pm 

Yeah I was accused of taking credit for CTH finding him. Problem is, I never said I found his real name etc!! The woman who found out who he was months earlier, was asked to post the pictures on Twitter. I said on the topic at CTH that I would put all his pics together and Tweet them out for her because she didn't do Twitter. Never once did I ever take credit for finding him. When asked I ALWAYS linked to the CTH topic regarding him! She knows as does CTH know I didn't try to take credit. Just idiots on Twitter did. If I was out to make money on these cases, I would of set up my Youtube with Google Adsense. I could of made a boat load of money off my videos. Many of which have over 100k views! LOL

Yes that's him. I also told the police about that case. Funny thing is, when I called the number from the flyer and news story, I got shuffled around to 5 or six different people in different branches of the police, FBI and DEA. NONE of which knew what the hell I was talking about!!! They knew nothing about the flyer!! None of them wanted me to send them links or pictures showing who he was. They just supposedly wrote down what I said and that's it. Which leads me to believe, the flyer was just bull shit. They have no intentions of actually trying to catch the people responsible for stealing the drugs. The flyer was just put out to appease the media.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:07 pm 

It's all came back to me, Froggie!
I remember ALL the players too. ;) But Sundance had your back on it all, that's what counts, ya know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:13 pm 

This is a good in-depth article. About time they start the investigation. :roll First trial for Officer Wm Porter is Nov 30.
Court dates are posted here: http://www.randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=1399&p=106376&hilit=Baltimore#p106376

Police begin investigation into Freddie Gray's death
Looking for Answers: An exclusive look into the investigation of Freddie Gray's death.

By Justin George | The Baltimore Sun | October 9, 2015

As massive protest marches continued across Baltimore, the pressure was building inside police headquarters, and Commissioner Anthony W. Batts wanted answers — fast. Near midnight on a cool April night, he pressed six top commanders sitting at a conference table for details about Freddie Gray’s death.

A 30-person task force was interviewing witnesses, reviewing video and searching records in the days after Gray died, but crucial questions remained. Did Gray suffer an injury before his spine was damaged in police custody? Was he hurt while being dragged to a police van or was he malingering? Did police beat him?

Batts asked his commanders if they were aware of the growing tension downtown, where swarms of protesters had halted rush hour traffic that day. Demonstrators yelled and swore at police officers, chanting “No justice, no peace!” To handle the crisis, the Police Department had canceled vacations and ordered all officers into duty; the Maryland State Police also was called in to help.
[...]
As the first trial nears, authorities have not disclosed key evidence. But an exclusive look inside the police investigation — granted to The Baltimore Sun over the last nine days of April — reveals new details about the case.

More at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bal-police-embed-chapter1-20151008-story.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:53 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Baltimore Six Trail – Judge Williams Issues Gag Order, Gives Mosby Two Weeks To Produce Dontae Allen Statements…
Posted on October 14, 2015 by sundance

The lede is buried in this WBAL story and totally absent in the Baltimore Sun story. Prosecution witness Dontae Allen is in federal custody in New York – Wait, wha.. huh?

The revelation surfaces as Judge Barry Williams ponders sanctions against prosecutor Marilyn Mosby for attempting to hide statements by Allen which would seem to vindicate the Baltimore Six officers. Allen previously stated he heard Freddie Gray trying to injure himself inside the police transport vehicle; Mosby tried to hide the statements.

BALTIMORE – Baltimore City Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams is imposing a gag order on prosecutors and defense attorneys in the Freddie Gray case.

“I do not want you discussing my orders with anyone…except your clients and your experts,” Williams told lawyers at the end of today’s proceedings.

A formal order will be filed tonight.

It is not clear which attorneys the judge may have been targeting in issuing the order, but it came after attorneys for Officer William Porter asked the judge to force the state to turn over further evidence the case.

The judge did that. Porter himself did grant an interview to the Washington Post last month, and is set to go on trial at the end of next month.

Motions hearings scheduled for Wednesday have been postponed.

Perhaps this is why Judge Williams has now placed a gag-order on the entire case barring the State Attorney and defense attorneys from discussing the case in the media. The gag order will be finalized Wednesday (TODAY).

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... tatements/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:09 pm 

No problem dishing out $6mil+ in a questionable settlement, but they have a problem paying a Police Commissioner. :roll

Baltimore City Council confirms Kevin Davis as police commissioner
By Omar Jimenez | WBALTV.com | October 19, 2015, 6:32PM

Protesters block traffic, Monday, Oct. 19, 2015, in Baltimore, after the City Council confirmed Kevin Davis as the city's permanent police commissioner. The council's vote came five days after a committee voted in favor of hiring Davis and demonstrators held a sit-in to demand meetings with Davis and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)

BALTIMORE —The Baltimore City Council voted Monday to confirm Kevin Davis as police commissioner.

Davis has served as interim commissioner since July, when he was selected to replace Anthony Batts. Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake presented Davis' formal appointment to the City Council on Sept. 22.

While most of those who testified last week were in favor of Davis, there are some who have voiced concerns over the length of Davis' deal, which includes a $200,000 annual salary through 2020 and a severance package worth $150,000.

Mosby and Stokes explained their opposition.

More at link: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimore-city-council-expected-to-vote-monday-on-police-commissioner/35916578

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:42 pm 

Baltimore City Councilman Nick Mosby enters mayoral race
WBALTV.com | 7:21AM EDT, October 26, 2015

BALTIMORE —Baltimore City Councilman Nick Mosby is the latest candidate to enter the race for mayor.

After one of the most politically and socially tumultuous periods in Baltimore's recent history, 2016 will see the election of a new mayor to a city still reeling and healing from protests, riots and a federal investigation into its troubled police department.

With Democratic incumbent Stephanie Rawlings-Blake abandoning her re-election campaign, it's anyone's guess who the city's next mayor will be.

Mosby announced his candidacy Sunday, pushing for a more transparent and accountable open government. He said he'll demand on his first day of office that police officers wear body cameras, and he wants to streamline the process to go after vacant buildings.

"On day one we'll demand that our police officers wear body cameras," Mosby said

Mosby was joined by his wife, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby, and their two children at the podium.

Mosby was elected to the Baltimore City Council in November 2011 and represents residents in the 7th District of west Baltimore.
[...]
Democratic registered voters outnumber Republicans registered to vote by about 9 to 1, so the April 26 primary is expected to decide the race.

More at link (video): http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimore-city-councilman-nick-mosby-enters-mayoral-race/36041514

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:12 pm 

Police officer shot, suspect killed in exchange of gunfire
By Colin Campbell | The Baltimore Sun | November 12, 2015, 10:23AM

A suspect was killed and a police officer was shot in the leg Wednesday night in a shootout in Northwest Baltimore, police said.

Officers were driving through the 3700 block of Oakmont Ave. about 7:45 p.m. when they saw the 32-year-old man with a gun, police said. They confronted him, and the gunman and at least one officer exchanged fire, police said.

Police did not name the gunman. Police said the officer, a five-year veteran of the department, was being treated at a hospital.

Police said they recovered the suspect's gun at the scene.

At least four orange cones — evidence markers — surrounded a white Dodge minivan about halfway down the block.

Detectives paced, investigating the scene.

Police spokesman T.J. Smith would not say whether the officers went to the block to arrest the suspect or were simply patrolling the neighborhood.

More at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-officer-involved-shoot-1112-20151111-story.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:55 pm 

Second Man In Van With Gray To Testify At Porter Trial

Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Robert Lang, WBAL NewsRadio 1090
http://www.wbal.com/article/127309/3/se ... rter-trial
(excerpt)

The man who briefly rode in the police transport van with Freddie Gray on the day of his arrest has been declared a material witness for the defense, and is expected to testify at the trial of Officer William Porter, one of the six officers charged in Gray's death.

Donta Allen is now behind bars in York County, Pennsylvania, where he is charged with forgery and theft by deception.

Porter is charged with manslaughter, second degree assault, misconduct in office, and reckless endangerment. He is scheduled to go on trial on November 30.

In an order posted Tuesday on the Court's website, Judge Barry Williams ordered prosecutors to work with Pennsylvania officials to bring Allen to Baltimore for Porter's trial, but he has ordered defense attorneys to reimburse the state for the cost of transporting and housing Allen.

In the order dated November 5, Williams noted that any request to bring Allen to Baltimore would have to go through the Baltimore City State;s Attorney's Office.

For the full article click on the link.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:33 pm 

Hi SheStone!
OMG, I can't believe the first trial is less than TWO weeks away.

Defense: Porter "Anticipates" Testifying At Trial
By Robert Lang | WBAL.com | November 18, 2015

Twelve days before the first of six trials of police officers in the death of Freddie Gray, and WBAL NewsRadio 1090 has learned that officer will testify in his own defense.

In court documents, attorneys for Officer William Porter say their client "anticipates testifying in this matter."
[...]
The notice of Porter's testimony came as the defense responded to a prosecution motion that sought to limit the number of character witnesses the defense wanted to present.

Prosecutors say that the character witnesses appear to testify on Porter's "veracity and reputation for peace and good order."

Prosecutors say those issues are not relevant to the case.

Defense attorneys argued those issues are relevant to determine their client's credibility.

The motion on character witnesses is one of a series posted today on the court's website. All of these motions were filed last Thursday.

Several were filed by the prosecution.

In one motion, prosecutors say the defense at the trial of Officer William Porter will attempt to, "confuse, mislead and prejudice the jury", when they attempt to call individual prosecutors as defense witnesses.

That's why Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby is asking Judge Barry Williams to block that request.
[...]
The prosecution filed other motions, including one asking the judge to bar the defense from introducing information about Gray's criminal record, arguing that is irrelevant to the case.

The prosecution is also asking the judge to allow the jury to inspect the police transport van that carried Gray. Prosecutors say that inspection would take place in the garage of Mitchell Courthouse East, which is not open to the public. In their motion, the prosecution noted the defense would likely join in this request.

More at link: http://www.wbal.com/article/127365/2/defense-porter-anticipates-testifying-at-trial

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:02 pm 

Man Gets 4 Years in Prison for Torching CVS During Baltimore Unrest
By Phil Helsel | NBCNews.com | November 18, 2015

A man who set fire to a CVS pharmacy during unrest in Baltimore following the death of a black man in police custody was sentenced Tuesday to four years in prison, federal prosecutors said.

Raymon Carter, 24, must also pay $500,000 in restitution. Carter pleaded guilty to a federal charge of rioting for the April 27 arson, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Baltimore said.

More at link (video): http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/baltimore-unrest/man-gets-4-years-prison-torching-cvs-during-baltimore-unrest-n465266

Related: http://www.randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=1396&p=109516#p106456

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:47 pm 

Off-duty Baltimore police officer shoots, kills robbery suspect in Anne Arundel
By Kevin Rector, Christina Jedra | The Baltimore Sun | December 19, 2015, 6:06PM

An off-duty Baltimore police officer shot and killed a man who allegedly attempted to rob him in Anne Arundel County early Saturday, county and city police officials said.

County police said Edel Cato Moreland, 32, approached the off-duty officer in the 100 block of Homewood Road in Linthicum Heights about 1:30 a.m. Moreland announced a robbery, police said, and pulled out what appeared to be a revolver.

The officer, a member of the Baltimore department's special operations section, pulled out his service weapon and fired at Moreland, county police said.

Moreland "fled on foot and collapsed in the street a short distance from the location of the attempted robbery," county police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene from what appeared to be more than one gunshot wound, police said.

Police did not name the officer, an 18-year veteran of the Baltimore Police Department.

The weapon Moreland had pulled out was recovered and was determined to be "a realistic looking all black toy gun resembling a revolver."

Moreland's older brother, Ulric Moreland, 35, said his family is in shock. He said a robbery would have been out of character for his brother.

"He was a great person," he said "He would give the shirt off his back. ... I've never known him to do anything like that before."

More at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-aaco-bpd-20151219-story.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:49 pm 

Oops, he didn't know he was robbing a cop. And I don't care if he had a toy gun or a sandwich, it was 1:30 in the morning. :roll

Family and his attorney say he would never do this. Well, maybe he has, many times before, but has not gotten caught or shot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:05 am 

Apparently O'Malley was bragging about his dynamo job he did in Baltimore during the Demoncrat debate. I couldn't bet to watch it.

Yep O'Malley Baltimore is doing just dandy :smoke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:08 pm 

I didn't watch either, Carm.

But I had no idea that the 3rd candidate was the Govenor of Maryland. :94
That's how much I pay attention to the democrats. ;)

And he was bragging about Baltimore? :Gslap
Oh my. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 pm 
ADMIN

Looks like the Safari park animals are disappointed that the Circus is not putting on a show tonight...

Look out for some "Street Theater"

The People's Station
Latest on the #FreddieGray case: #GoodsonTrial on hold; protest scheduled tonight: http://cbsloc.al/1NvGYI8

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:59 pm 

Deray thinks he can be Mayor of Baltimore.

This happened early this morning. :eek

The woman on the sidewalk, who was hit twice by the van driver, is still alive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next