It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 pm 

Police: Officer Wasn't Aware Michael Brown Was a Suspect in Alleged Robbery

"Chief Thomas Jackson also released documents and surveillance video, alleging that Mr. Brown was tied to a robbery at a convenience store shortly before he crossed paths with police. Hours later, Mr. Jackson held another news conference in which he said Mr. Wilson, who is white, wasn't aware of the robbery when he stopped Mr. Brown."

I'm still undecided on this incident. George Zimmerman knew he was innocent and from the beginning started telling people his story. So far Officer Wilson has hid behind PD spokespersons and their ad hominem attack on Mr. Brown instead of telling his story. This does nothing to persuade me of his innocence.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 pm 

This discrepancy has already been explained and resolved. When Wilson first encountered Brown, it was because Brown was jaywalking. After he passed Brown (and Johnson?), the BOLO came over the radio, regarding the "strong arm" robbery, with a description of the suspect. Wilson at that point realized that the two people he just saw jaywalking fit the BOLO description, and that Brown had cigars in his hand. At that point, he went back to re-encounter them.

So, it is true that Wilson didn't *know* that Brown was the suspect when he first encountered him. But by the time of the physical altercation, he knew that Brown fit the description, and had reasonable suspicion that he was the suspect.

The Ferguson PD released the robbery video because they couldn't hold onto it longer, due to several FOIA requests.

Wilson isn't "hiding behind" anyone. He is doing as any other officer in his position is doing: letting the investigation run its course, and letting the PD speak. Further, he *did* tell his story: to his wife (SO?), who told it to a family friend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 pm 
ADMIN

chipbennett wrote:
I see Jeralyn is back to her leftward-leanings on this one.
I noticed that too Chip :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

The “JJ Witness Video” – Eye Witness Audio of Mike Brown Shooting States: “Brown Doubled Back Toward POlice”…
Posted on August 15, 2014 by sundance

I’m going to call this the “J J Video” because a sharp Treeper catches the background conversation within a video of the Mike Brown shooting scene. The video was uploaded by a U-Tube account “Black Canseco“.

The video was taken in the aftermath of the shooting, and judging from the comments attributed to the uploader -although he was not a direct witness- he felt the video was affirmational toward Mike Brown and the anti-police narrative.

However, probably unknown -or at least unnoticed- in the background of the video you can hear an audio conversation of a male eye witness to the shooting itself describing what he saw to another curious male spectator. Again, the conversation of importance is in the background.

Mike Brown EyeWitness Crime Scene Video Ferguson, MO

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... rd-police/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:28 am 
ADMIN

From Comments at CTH...

Quote:
sundance says:
August 15, 2014 at 7:56 pm

@6:28/6:29 of video

#1 How’d he get from there to there?
#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
{crosstalk}
#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
{crosstalk}
#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –
#1. Oh, the police got his gun
#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him
{crosstalk}
#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing
#1 The Police?
#2 The Police shot him
#1 Police?
#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

Quote:
froggielegs says:
August 15, 2014 at 9:52 pm

According to this guy who was live tweeting during the entire shooting, Brown was running from the cop, then turned around back towards the cop… He was asked if Brown was shot in the back and his reply is “the first two was, the next 5 werent, he turned around:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:30 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
radiopatriot says:
August 15, 2014 at 9:51 pm

EXCLUSIVE: FRIEND OF OFFICER DARREN WILSON Speaks Out on Shooting of Mike Brown (AUDIO)
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com

Quote:
radiopatriot says:
August 15, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Here’s the transcript:

“He pulled up ahead of them. And then he got a call-in that there was a strong-arm robbery. And, they gave a description. And, he’s looking at them and they got something in their hands and it looks like it could be what, you know those cigars or whatever. So he goes in reverse back to them. Tries to get out of his car. They slam his door shut violently. I think he said Michael did. And, then he opened the car again. He tried to get out. He stands up.

And then Michael just bum-rushes him and shoves him back into his car. Punches him in the face and them Darren grabs for his gun. Michael grabbed for the gun. At one point he got the gun entirely turned against his hip. And he shoves it away. And the gun goes off.

Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!” Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him. He just started coming at him full speed. And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so he really thinks he was on something.”

You can watch the video at Dana Radio.
Dana says the caller was vetted.

More… Earlier this week the police said the toxicology report will take four weeks to complete.

Josie On The Dana Show 8-15-14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:50 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
Chip Bennett says:
August 15, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Additionally, this eye witness account clarifies other issues and disputes the “shot in back narrative”. The police vehicle was positioned “screen view left” – Mike Brown’s body is positioned head toward police vehicle.

Please, please, please: get a still of this image.

Best I can do... three shots to show camera pan. I also have a copy of vid.. lest it vanish from YT.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:07 am 
ADMIN

Previously from CTH....

CONFIRMED – Officer Darren Wilson Did Know Mike Brown Was Suspect In Robbery, and Did See Stolen Cigars In His Hands Prior To Attempting Questioning….
Posted on August 15, 2014 by sundance

Things are adding up rather quickly now.

First the full video from the convenience store robbery by Mike Brown and Dorian Johnson:

Contrary to popular media spin, Police Chief Tom Jackson confirms that Officer Darren Wilson did see cigars in the hands of Mike Brown and did view him as a potential suspect in the previous strong-arm robbery when he approached for questioning.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... estioning/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:49 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Overnight – Ferguson Protests, Firebombs, Riots and Looting Start Again…
Posted on August 16, 2014 by sundance

The focus point for the looting and mayhem in day #6 was the same location where Mike Brown and Dorian Johnson were videotaped during a strong arm robbery moments before the altercation with officer Darren Wilson.

Apparently the police releasing the CCTV video of Mike Brown during the strong arm robbery was enough to drive the local community to seek retaliation. “Snitches get Stitches” is the sentiment at work.

...more at link

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... art-again/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:10 am 

Thanks Rumpole for the video's and links. I hope they keep Wilson and his family safe I know that they have moved them out of town.

And amazingly (but not surprisingly) Obama once again before even 10% of the information is in, is putting the onus for the riots on the police, asking law enforcement to be kind and considerate to the molotov making, brick throwing, building burning, looting, graffiti writing, kill a cop mob.

I am very interested in the toxicology report, interesting that Wilson story sounds so believable, even the part about trying to open his door and one of the men slamming it shut on him makes a lot more sense than him pulling up so close to Dorian and Mike, trying to open his door and being unable to because Dorian and Mike were in the way.

I'm afraid you are correct about the imprinting though, facts will mean nothing to the mob.

Truly unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:14 am 
ADMIN

Hi Carm.

FWIW I'll continue to link MSM stories... they sometimes have the odd fact lol

They still call this violent mob "protestors" though :wall

Missouri protests reignite over police shooting of black teen
By Ellen Wulfhorst
FERGUSON Mo. Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:41am EDT

(Reuters) - Racially charged protests flared overnight in Ferguson, Missouri, in an eruption of fresh anger over the fatal Aug. 9 shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a police officer.

Tensions had temporarily cooled on Thursday night but by Friday evening, protesters were again swarming through a residential and retail district in the small town outside St. Louis that has become the site of repeated clashes between black residents and mostly white police forces.

Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson, an African-American who was named by Governor Jay Nixon to lead security in the town on Thursday, said police fired a teargas canister at a crowd near a food and liquor store and broader violence and looting erupted. Some protesters threw bottles at riot gear-clad police who had ordered the crowd to disperse.

...more at link
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/ ... ce=twitter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 am 
ADMIN

Last night I saw a lot of activity at the Liquor store where Brown stole the cigarillos.

Liquor and ciggies... what's not to loot! :cool

Thugs!.... this is not protesting anything.. it's just stealing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:25 am 
ADMIN

Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson earned police honor before shooting
Patrolman’s father recently sought prayers for a ‘very challenging’ family situation
By Jason Sickles, Yahoo News

FERGUSON, Mo. — Six months before he shot and killed an unarmed teenager, police Officer Darren Wilson earned a commendation for his “extraordinary effort in the line of duty.”

Yahoo News confirmed the award through the February 11 Ferguson City Council meeting minutes and photos Wilson’s father posted to his Facebook page.

“Very proud of my son, Darren Wilson on his receiving a Commendation from his Police Department,” John Wilson wrote on February 11. “Congratulations Son.”

One image shows Wilson shaking hands and receiving the commendation from Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson. In a second photo, the tall and slender Wilson brandishes smile as he returns to his seat with his honor.

....more at link
http://news.yahoo.com/photos-ferguson-o ... ntentstory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am 
ADMIN

RUSH: Drive-Bys Knew About Video Of 'Strong-Arm Robbery' By Michael Brown In Ferguson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am 

As requested by the fine folks at CTH "JJ Witness Video" with enhanced audio and video

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:38 am 
ADMIN

Thanks, kingkazpur.

I cant listen right now... but I did post at CTH

Seems to me understandable that a cop would shoot multiple times with a perp advancing towards him.

And... "Gentle Giant" might well seem more like a bull elephant when charging at you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 pm 

Something to remember when "the gentle giant's" lack of a police record is that DOJ has been pushing the last few years to have all crimes by minors handled at the schools, thereby having no criminal record existing of the criminal activity,
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:02 pm 
ADMIN

Yes Mike

CTH exposed TM's Juv records as far as they could via FOIA requests, which showed that in that case criminal acts were downplayed, handled by school police etc.

Whatever juvenile record Brown might have, it is sealed, and he just turned 18 so no "adult" record... YET.

My guess is that he does have a juvenile record.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:17 pm 
ADMIN

Goldie Taylor@goldietaylor

This is Officer Darren Wilson as he received a recent commendation from his department.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 pm 
ADMIN

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next