It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:21 pm 
ADMIN

This story has become prominent in the news. Michael Brown shot dead by a police officer.

The details are under investigation, but the death of an unarmed black teen (18) by police has stirred up racial tensions. Protests degenerated into riots and looting yesterday. FBI have announced a "parallel investigation" and the Police investigation is still ongoing.

The whole thing took a sharp turn towards being a Circus today as Our old pal Benjamin Crump popped up as "Family Attorney" :doh

There is little chance of any real development until one or other investigation announces findings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Predicting The BGI Exploits of The Michael Brown Shooting – Understanding The Benjamin Crump Playbook…
Posted on August 11, 2014 by sundance

First, let me clearly state our severe aversion to engaging in following another exhibition of the professional playbook for racial exploitation. However, that said, for those who do choose to follow the path we can outline the expectation. Remember, for Benjamin Crump this is a business proposition – that’s why he was the one to contact Brown’s family:

Attorney Benjamin Crump: Trayvon Martin’s father reached out to #MichaelBrown’s family. #FergusonShooting

While details, specific details, of the Ferguson Missouri shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, aka Mike Brown, are unknown; what is exceptionally well known is how the Benjamin Crump team will play out the narrative.

We’ll use the Trayvon Martin historical example to show how it rolls. When you engage the Parks and Crump strategy you can anticipate a specific formula:

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -playbook/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:44 pm 
ADMIN

What we know about Michael Brown's shooting
By Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
August 11, 2014

(CNN) -- It's a case of he said, he said. The accounts of why a police officer fatally shot Michael Brown on a street in Ferguson, Missouri, this weekend couldn't be more disparate.

One side says the teenager was surrendering, his hands in the air to show he was unarmed, when the officer opened fire. Authorities counter that Brown attacked the officer in his car and tried to take his gun.

....more at link
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/mi ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm 

I think we will need to let the dust settle a little to see what actually happened here, just like with Trayvon. I'm keeping an open mind for when facts are revealed, but I suspect it will not be as one-sided as the aggrieved side is alleging,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:25 pm 
ADMIN

Agree, Mike.

My gut feel took a sharp turn towards the Cop version when Crump popped up.

I cant help but feel that anybody with legitimate claims would get a proper attorney.. not Crump.

But... awaiting more detail... Cops have been known to be "over-zealous"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:49 pm 

Hey Rumpole!

While I hunker down in my hotel tonight, I thought you'd get a kick out of this. She has absolutely no clue, does she? She got CCed into a conversation I was having (I don't willingly engage Traybots) about the Mike Brown issue:

Quote:
Chip Bennett@chip_bennett
@deepdimlpes @princss6 @Katleavo what does that have to do with burning down a gas station, or stealing tires, tacos, alcohol, TVs, etc?

Quote:
princss6@princss6
@deepdimlpes @chip_bennett @Katleavo I had to block Chip...I'm not for his bs. Did I ask his opinion?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:03 pm 
ADMIN

Don't know if you have come across "princss6" before, but she was very much one of the ALPHA cretins at JQ... down in the hidden Traybot Worrier Zone.. as well as a go to account on twitter when I needed some quick daft for the Daily Daft. :)

I had forgotten about her.. thanks for reminding me of all the laughs.

BLOCKING on twitter seems daft in itself? Unless somebody is actively, stalking causing trouble. Just not following seems enough?

It figures though they AVOID the facts and reasoned analysis on any case.. it tends to bog them down on their "Quest" ... not for justice, but for a lynching of whoever the Mob decrees.

(BTW I have decided to stop embedding tweets. They vanish a lot. Ppl delete or even just go private)

And stay safe, Chip. Stay calm while all around you is chaos... who said that? lol

10cc- Rubber Bullets

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:12 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Don't know if you have come across "princss6" before, but she was very much one of the ALPHA cretins at JQ... down in the hidden Traybot Worrier Zone.. as well as a go to account on twitter when I needed some quick daft for the Daily Daft. :)

I had forgotten about her.. thanks for reminding me of all the laughs.

Oh, I remember her quite well - like I said: I just never willingly engaged her or any other Traybot on Twitter. She's just not smart enough to make the connection (since I *know* she and her ilk trolled both RT and CTH).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:23 pm 
ADMIN

Yes... Princss6 is probably reading this :D

I wont wave... sure I have an appropriate smiley though...

:Q41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm 
ADMIN

More from CTH.....

With Mike Brown Meme Established: “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot”, Eric Holder Dispatches DOJ To Ferguson, Missouri…

Posted on August 11, 2014 by sundance

Nothing says social justice like the backdrop of a cloud of teargas against the running silhouette of an impoverished lad clutching a freshly looted flat screen TV.

Into the valley in the shadow of plunder rides the DOJ to Ferguson Missouri:

ImageImage

(Ferguson, Missouri) The Justice Department has launched a federal investigation into the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teenager in a St. Louis suburb over the weekend, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Monday.

The DOJ’s Civil Rights Division will participate in the probe, along with FBI agents from the St. Louis field office and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Holder said.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -missouri/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:36 pm 
ADMIN

Family conference :doh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:36 pm 
ADMIN

"Hands Up"... good idea! :cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 pm 
ADMIN

Rob Edwards@RobertDEdwards

NEW: Four men charged with burglary in connection with looting in #Ferguson. Accused of targeting two beauty supply stores and a Foot Locker

JUST IN: The FAA has banned all flights under 3000 feet over the airspace in #Ferguson

JUST IN: Preliminary autopsy shows #MikeBrown died of multiple gunshot wounds, doesn't specify how many.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:16 pm 
ADMIN

From renewsit....

Michael Skolnik will eventually have blood on his hands - Michael Brown
Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The family of the young man who was shot and killed by police last week has asked their community stop the violence. They are speaking of the riot that took place Sunday night in the town of Ferguson, Missouri, where a young man, Mark Brown, was gunned down by a police officer. The details are sketchy and the investigation has not been completed, but a deficit of facts never stopped Michael Skolnik from race baiting and inciting violence in the black community. I'm not sure if his orders come from the top, Russel Simmons, or if getting retweets is his bag, either way, someone is going to get hurt if he continues. Do I think he cares? Hardly, he seems to be a bit conscience challenged, as are most shills and trolls on twitter. Most of the time it suffices to simply block these people - in real life they are meaningless, but in this case, the violence and destruction resulting from the inciters, like Skolnik, are being demonstrated with abandon by those who he targets as gullible and easily manipulated.

I'm writing this today because of a tweet put out by Skolnik yesterday. Once again Martin Luther Kings words are being used selectively and out of context - there must be a well worn indentation where the poor man spins in his grave every time his words are used for monetary or political gain that dismantle, and frankly, take a huge crap on, what he lived and died for.

...more at link
http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/08/michae ... -have.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 pm 
ADMIN

coreshift@coreshift

I'm guess the cops aren't releasing the number of bullet wounds b/c that helps them filter out the fake witnesses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:48 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm 
ADMIN

Nine charged for alleged Ferguson looting
Aja J. Williams, KSDK 5:02 p.m. CDT August 12, 2014

ST. LOUIS COUNTY – Nine people face charges for looting in Ferguson that followed the fatal shooting of Michael Brown Sunday night into Monday morning, according to St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch.

The nine face varying felony charges relating to burglary and theft along West Florissant.

Charges have been issued against the following so far:

• Stephon Thompson, 19, of St. Louis, faces a second-degree burglary charge for breaking into a Foot Locker in the 8000 block of West Florissant.

• Robert Stephenson, 28, of St. Louis, faces a second-degree burglary charge for breaking into a Princess Beauty Supply in the 6900 block of West Florissant.

• Beonca McRath, 19, of St. Louis County, faces a second-degree burglary charge and stealing under $500 for breaking into a Princess Beauty Supply in the 6900 block of West Florissant. According to court records, McRath stole hair weave from a business.

• Steven Martin, 27, of St. Louis County, faces a second-degree burglary charge for breaking into a Foot Locker in the 8000 block of West Florissant.

• Andrew Henry, 30, of St. Louis, faces a second-degree burglary charge for breaking into a Foot Locker in the 8000 block of West Florissant.

• Demarco Harris, 38, of St. Louis County, faces a second-degree burglary charge and charge of stealing under $500 from Nu Fashion Beauty Supply in the 7500 block of West Florissant.

• Nikko Fiertag, 23, of St. Louis County, faces a second-degree burglary charge and charge for stealing under $500 worth of shoes from a Foot Locker in the 8000 block of West Florissant.

• Michael Davis, 27, of St. Louis County, faces a second-degree burglary charge for breaking into Princess Beauty Supply in the 6900 block of West Florissant.

• Trey Brewer, 18, of Dallas, Texas faces a second-degree burglary charge for breaking into Princess Beauty Supply in the 6900 block of West Florissant.

McCulloch said more charges could be issued in other cases.

...more a link
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/20 ... /13965957/

Top row: Robert Stephenson, Beonca McRath and Michael Davis.
Second row: Stephon Thompson, Steven Martin and Trey Brewer.
Third row: Demarco Harris, Nikko Fiertag and Andrew Henry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:52 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Déjà vu Who? The Benjamin Crump Instant Replay Reel … Complete With Presidential Proclamation
Posted on August 12, 2014 by ytz4mee

A photo of the now deceased Michael Brown as published online by KSDK.

While it’s still early and independently verifiable information is scarce, compare and contrast to another highly publicized racially charged case involving “an innocent chile’ returning from the store“……

Meanwhile on vacation President Obama stopped short of calling Michael Brown his son, but he did deliver a Presidential Statement on the events:

...more at link

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... play-reel/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:24 pm 
ADMIN

Interview of Dorian Johnson (with Mike Brown during shooting) on PoliticsNation Aug 12 2014

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:47 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Agree, Mike.

My gut feel took a sharp turn towards the Cop version when Crump popped up.

I cant help but feel that anybody with legitimate claims would get a proper attorney.. not Crump.

But... awaiting more detail... Cops have been known to be "over-zealous"

As far as Crump is concerned, they're probably not very sophisticated and Crump has "street cred" for seeking "justice for Trayvon." We know Crump is just out for weregild but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Listening to initial reports I actually find the victim's version slightly more believable. But it is difficult to sympathize with that side with rioting and bad actors like Crump involved.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next