It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:53 pm 

I agree. I think that there are a lot of silent witnesses who spoke before the whole thing exploded, there were plenty of people around that were not among the group of folks who started the "hands up" narrative, there is forensic evidence including Darren Wilson's injuries (whatever they may be). And even if Mike's arms were up (I do not believe that they were up in surrender) if he continued to advance toward Officer Wilson, then Officer Wilson was well within his rights to shoot as I am sure that he was in fear for his life after being attacked in his police SUV.

Last edited by Carmelita on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 pm 
ADMIN

I think we could (should) have shut the case down when Crump (biased) autopsy revealed shots from front, certainly none in MB's back.

Cops do have some leeway to shoot when THEY assess that they are threatened. That is part of having armed cops.

I have seen enough evidence already to not indict DW.

I do see why "politically" (unfortunately) they do now need to do complete investigation to assuage the Lynch Mob.

MB is a big unit. Clearly aggressive (high on something) just 5 mins before shooting incident. He had no business "tussling" with a Cop.. for any reason.PERIOD. End of that bit of story. If he did punch cop (almost certain) and reach for his gun (likely) then two more reasons to wind up shot.

This is a NOTHING case. A no-brainer (like Zimmerman case, only far more so)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:13 pm 

Checkout this video I made. CNN actually ended up impeaching themselves regarding their claim of a"game changing real time response at the time of the shooting" Pay attention to when CNN zooms in on the officer "putting up crime scene tape". This fact alone proves the video was shot a significant amount of time after CNN alleges and with plenty of time for the contractors to be told about the "hands up" meme from a third party and not something the contractors actually witnessed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm 
ADMIN

Settle up with Mister Meaners...

Ferguson's one-month warrant recall program begins
Aja J. Williams, KSDK 5:58 p.m. CDT September 15, 2014

FERGUSON, Mo. – Monday began the one-month grace period for those with outstanding warrants in Ferguson.

Ferguson Municipal Judge Ronald Brockmeyer signed an order for the warrant recall program amongst the number of proposed changes to Ferguson's municipal court announced by city council.

The program is set up to help non-violent offenders settle and clear any arrest warrants.

Anyone with an outstanding warrant can contact the municipal court clerk's office at 314-524-5264. The program runs through Oct. 15.

...more at link
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/20 ... 31155602=1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:28 pm 

Thanks Kingkazpur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:25 pm 

"I have seen enough evidence already to not indict DW."

I agree with you, but the question is will the Grand Jury come to that conclusion. And that's going to depend on what evidence, and what slant on it they're presented by the prosecutor. And also how fearful they are of refusing to indict Wilson. Remember, the grand jury members all live in the area; and they may be frightened their identity will be revealed afterward.

"Cops do have some leeway to shoot when THEY assess that they are threatened. That is part of having armed cops."

True, but again it's going to depend on what the prosecutor tells them the law is. In the Supreme Court decision that defined that principle, Tennessee v. Garner, 1985, Justice Byron White, wrote:

"Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force."

But the stipulation is 'to prevent escape' and many of the witnesses will testify Brown was surrendering, arms in the air. And if the prosecutor emphasizes the distance between Wilson and the advancing Brown left Wilson room to continue to back away, and therefore his life was not in immediate danger when he started shooting again, the jury members may let that be their guiding light.

I think Wilson's going to need strong mitigating evidence for the grand jury not to indict. Like a vivid hospital photo, showing a swollen face. Or forensic evidence of Brown's fingerprint on Wilson's gun. And they're going to want to know when and why Wilson drew his gun and fired at Brown from inside the police car. And if the angle of the bullets in the autopsy can verify if Brown was moving forward with velocity. Otherwise, as the old grand jury adage goes, I fear Wilson's gonna be an indictable ham sandwich.

Addendum suggestion: the Aug 18th post on the other Michael Brown thread, showing an arrest record for him by the St. Ann Police Department, is an invented rap sheet, and that should be noted.

Aaron Jimenez, Chief of the St. Ann Police Department, immediately posted this denial on the St. Ann Neighborhood Watch Facebook page (on which he is a frequent contributor):

“The St. Ann Police Department would like to dispel any rumors of our department having ever arrested Michael Brown, the victim of Saturdays police involved shooting.”

https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Ann-N ... 7780487893

-Dashiell Hammett

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:13 pm 
ADMIN

Hi jayjerome
I agree. My post was kinda wishful thinking. My thought are one thig, the GJ thoughts are another. In fact I have lost (never had) faith in the decision making done by average citizens (Juries) The "Jury pool" I see indicated by posts at Forums and on twitter is flawed to say the least. However, part of my reason for imagining no indictment is the the hint that there in fact IS evidence to support DW's version. His injuries, ballistics, bullet casings, GSR, DNA, prints perhaps.

Speaking of GJ... not something I know much about. IF jury members meet for an entire day every week (for 4 months) this must be noticed by their friends and co-workers, so anonymity is not likely. As you say there will be pressure on members in this case.

Thanks for the link re Brown arrest record. I will look to amend or delete it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:27 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Poll: 73% of Ferguson Missouri Residents Say Media Made Things Worse…
Posted on September 16, 2014 by sundance

Made things worse? Heck I’d go as far as to say the media “created”, and in several cases “provoked, most of the tension, anxiety and conflict…

MISSOURI - The vast majority of St. Louis County residents are giving the media low marks for their reporting on racial strife in Ferguson, Missouri.

Seventy-three percent of those surveyed say the press made things “worse” in the wake of the police shooting of unarmed teen Michael Brown, according to a new poll by the Kansas City-based Remington Research Group. Eighteen percent said the media had made things better and the remainder had no opinion.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ngs-worse/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:31 pm 
ADMIN

I seem to recall GJ decisions can be based on 9-3 split (75%)

Gnome sayin'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:26 pm 
ADMIN

Dueling narratives in Michael Brown shooting
By CNN Staff
September 16, 2014 -- Updated 1019 GMT (1819 HKT)

(CNN) -- What really happened to Michael Brown?

We know a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, fatally shot the unarmed 18-year-old, but police and witnesses have given different accounts of what happened in the moments before the shooting. The confusion has fueled protests in Ferguson and, earlier in the week, strong police response in the streets of the St. Louis suburb.

Here are five key questions about the incident:
    How did it start?
    Was there a struggle?
    Was Brown armed?
    What were Brown and Johnson doing before the incident?
    Why didn't police identify the officer right away?

...more at link
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/fe ... index.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 pm 
ADMIN

CNN ask the stupidest questions :lol

No wonder their reports are Crap... they are only concerned with sideshow aspects...

Investigative journalism my Arse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:06 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:07 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Another Ferguson City Council Meeting – Another Day With More Threats of Violence….
Posted on September 16, 2014 by sundance

The local news stations who aired the live-streams of the prior Ferguson City Council meeting did not do so today; perhaps because they were ashamed of the publicity upon the city. In addition the live-stream from the actual city feed itself was conspicuously inoperable. Subsequently the only visibility into the event itself was from people using twitter and recording the events inside the chamber. Here’s a sample:

“If Darren Wilson Get Off Y’all Better Bring Every Army Y’all Got, Cause It’s Going Down”

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -violence/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:29 pm 
ADMIN

If Officer Wilson Is Not Indicted, McCulloch Vows To Release Grand Jury Transcripts, Recordings
5:00 pm, Tues September 16, 2014
By William Freivogel

If the St. Louis County grand jury fails to indict Officer Darren Wilson, Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch will immediately release full transcripts and audio recordings of the grand jury proceedings, his spokesman said Tuesday.

Ed Magee, McCulloch’s executive assistant, said in an interview that the prosecutor has not yet decided whether the names of the witnesses would be released along with their testimony. “I know we will be releasing the transcriptions of the testimony...I don’t know about the names yet; we’re not sure how that is going to work.”

Grand jury proceedings often are not transcribed. Missouri law only requires transcription if a witness is given immunity for testimony or if the judge overseeing the grand jury orders transcription. But Magee confirmed that McCulloch had made a decision to transcribe and tape the proceedings.

There would be no public release of grand jury materials if Wilson is indicted for killing Michael Brown in Ferguson on Aug. 9. Instead the state’s evidence would be presented in a trial.

The immediate release of grand jury materials in the absence of an indictment is extremely unusual. Not all legal experts think it’s a good idea.

...more at link
http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/if- ... recordings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:38 pm 

There HAS to be some pretty airtight evidence against Brown for Wilson to voluntarily testify for 4 hours without his lawyer
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 0611894049

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm 
ADMIN

I agree KK... I am just catching up on developments..

It's a bugger you US ppl doing stuff in the morning.. while I am asleep :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:59 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

REPORT: Officer Darren Wilson Testifies To Ferguson Grand Jury…
Posted on September 17, 2014 by sundance

It is procedurally impossible to be represented by legal counsel at a Grand Jury impaneled to judge your own criminal liability. So it is factually evident Officer Darren Wilson gave testimony to the Grand Jury absent of the presence of legal counsel.
If you follow the outline you’ll note Officer Wilson gave two statements and interviews with county investigators, one statement and interview with federal authorities, and following THOSE then sat down for a 4 hour Grand Jury inquiry. It’s obvious the guy has nothing to hide.
Might as well begin calling this guy “Opie”.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... rand-jury/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:04 pm 
ADMIN

Darren Wilson testifies in front of grand jury
By Robert Patrick

ST. LOUIS • Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson testified for almost four hours Tuesday in front of a St. Louis County grand jury investigating the Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown, a source with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday.

Wilson was not obligated to testify, and has also spoken with St. Louis County investigators twice and federal investigators once, the source said. The source said that Wilson had been “cooperative.”

...more at link
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... e9208.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 pm 

All new levels of DAFT! Now the nuts are complaining that allowing Officer Wilson to testify unfairly prejudiced the grand jury against Michael brown.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:02 pm 

I am sure that Darren Wilson is an impressive witness.

I wonder if "Making False Statements and Inciting a Riot" will come under one of the blanket immunities that are being bandied about for Ferguson thugs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 52  Next